Digital Science Dimensions Test
The CNRS would like to invite you to test Dimensions from Digital Science. This bibliographic and bibliometric database was launched in January 2018. It links publications to grants, patents and clinical trials and was built with and for the scientific community.
This tool makes it possible to explore the evolution of the open access landscape. By combining several filters such as the year of publication, the institute, the publisher, the funding body, it is possible, for example, to identify the number of Open Access publications per publisher for the publications of the institute concerned.
Alternative impact measures, or altmetrics, complement traditional indicators. The aim of these is to highlight the use of research results on the Internet, using sharing on Twitter, Facebook or other social media, downloading from platforms like Mendeley and citations in blogs and wikis among other factors.
3 versions of Dimensions are available, including one accessible to all and free of charge, which allows you to discover and analyse publications & quotations.
2 pay versions will be offered for testing on the BibCNRS portal – Dimensions Plus, an extensive database interconnected with publications, grants and patents and Dimensions Analytics, for advanced strategic analysis.
During a one-month test period, from Monday 03/06 to 04/07, Dimensions Plus is accessible from your BibCNRS theme-based space according to the usual terms for all BibCNRS institutes. Dimensions Analytics is available for users who create accounts. Please request your login details here.
Introductory webinars focusing on the French research landscape have been organized for the beginning of the test and will allow you to find out what these two versions offer.
Date of the webinars:
Dimensions Plus: June 7th 2019 – 9:00 am
Dimensions Analytics: – June 7th 2019 – 10:00 am
You can find information about Dimensions in the following documents:
- A blog article on searching for and using of data about funding
- A 2-minute video
- A guide to Dimensions data
- Videos :
– How to search Dimensions Plus – here
– How to search Dimensions Analytics – here
– How to find where to publish with Dimensions Analytics & Plus – here < the process is the same for both, Analytics has the extra publisher filter
– How to find Funders with Dimensions Analytics – here
– How to find Funders with Dimensions Plus – here
– Find corporate collaborators using Dimensions Analytics – here
– Find corporate collaborators using Dimensions Plus – here
– Find researchers with active clinical trials – Dimensions Analytics – here
– Find researchers with active clinical trials – Dimensions Plus – here
News Nuclear & Particle Physics
14 October 2019 - Database discovery : PRoQuest D&T Global until November 30, 2019
19 August 2019 - Unavailability of Janus August 29th, 2019. The alternative!
04 July 2019 - Agreement between OpenEdition and Cnrs Editions
06 June 2019 - Digital Science Dimensions Test
21 May 2019 - SPIE Journals / SPIE Proceedings